Part ‘master class’ and part intensive professional development workshop, you’ll benefit from Marisha Mukerjee’s curriculum that will guide you toward a finished script; you’ll share your ideas, get professional feedback and strengthen your writing.
What people have said about Marisha’s last writing workshop:
- “So great! I’d come back for another workshop. Marisha was a fantastic instructor. Thanks!”
- “Best weekend I’ve had in years!”
- “I got everything I wanted out of the workshop and more. It was easy to understand and a great overview in order for us to begin writing our own projects.”
- “Marisha did a great job. Very informative and supportive. Hope she does more workshops.”
WHERE: Red Oak at the Hook Estate: 1231 Hook Estate Dr., (off Philadelphia Dr.) Dayton, OH 45406
START TIME: Saturday, October 26 – 10 AM
WHEN: Saturday, October 26-Sunday, October 27, 2013
COST: $225 ($200 for FilmDayton members) for the full weekend. Limited student scholarships available.
RSVP: Due to the interactive nature of this course, seating is extremely limited. Register now.
Students will need to come equipped with:
- A laptop with screenwriting software installed (free programs can be suggested)
- A story/concept to write about (completed scripts are welcome to further develop, but are not required)
- Before the course, you’ll receive access to a reading list – please review the provided scripts and prepare any suggested assignments before the class
FilmDayton provides lunch and snacks with your registration.
About the instructor:Marisha Mukerjee holds a Master of Arts in Art History from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and a Masters in Writing from Northwestern University focused on Screen and Stage. She also has a diploma in filmmaking from Le Femis, Paris, France. She co-produced the feature film The Grind as well as countless festival clad shorts and was post-production coordinator for Elisabeth Murdoch’s production company, Shine International. Marisha was the Head of the Film Faculty and Associate Director of the International Summer School of Scotland, and taught Screenwriting at Northwestern. Previously she has worked as a Feature Location Manager for Vertigo Films and Finelight films UK, and worked as a Development Executive for Ashridge Films UK in India. Marisha is co-founder of Relief Productions Theater Group and Madrina Films. She currently works for the Executive Producer of Justified/FX and was previously Development Coordinator at Cineflix Studios. Currently Marisha is also a writer/playwright. She is currently producing on a web series called Some Assembly Required starring Mallory Moye (Hart of Dixie), recently had her current play on Thomas Paine read at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago, and is head of FEMPIRE an all female development group in LA. She is currently working on several television projects (by night of course!).
HOW TO GO:
Seats for the weekend workshop are $225 general public and $200 for FilmDayton members (limited student scholarships available – email Megan). If you need to check your membership status, please call Megan at 937-554-0031. Checks may be made out to FilmDayton and sent to:
22 E. Fifth Street
Dayton, OH 45402
Please include the student’s name, phone, email and if there are any special dietary needs with your registration.
For your convenience, you may also purchase your seat for the class online ($2.50 Web fee charged). Note: To pay with a credit card, click “Don’t have a PayPal account” to enter your information.