Are you interested in sharing your skills/specialties with us? FilmDayton is working to build a schedule of topics spanning from practical advice to theoretical criticism. Past presentations include: trends in short film, sound mixing, make-up for the screen, green screen technology, gender roles in contemporary film, using the RED camera, production design, the best from the Toronto International Film Festival, writing for television, and so many more! We offer evening presentations from hands-on to Q&As to screenings, and we love to provide a wide-range of topics. We host individual speakers, multiple speakers covering related topics and panel discussions.
The Rotary Club of Dayton is helping us build a great slate of Film Connections in 2014; through their support, we are able to provide a modest stipend for speakers. Team-led presentations, panels, etc. are acceptable, but the stipend is a one-time gift for the evening and we cannot provide a separate stipend to multiple speakers for one night.
Join us to raise the level of dialogue and continue to grow the regional film community.
If you’d like to share your skills with our audience, submit a proposal with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number
- Email address
- One narrative or bullet point paragraph detailing what will be covered in your topic
- Presentational elements (will you bring something to show and tell? Will you have props of any sort?)
- Technology needs (Will it be a computerized presentation – e.g. PowerPoint, Presi; will you have clips to show – if so, what format; etc?)
- Location specific (Can you present this talk anywhere or is it location specific requiring a field-trip?)
- Short bio letting us know why you’re specifically qualified to discuss this topic (include both skills and any past relevant presentational experience)
- Specific Date(s) you are available/unavailable (Film Connections are typically the last Tuesday of each month with no meeting in August or December).
NOTE: FilmDayton Trustees and Advisory Council members may lead Film Connections, but due to our by-laws they will not receive compensation from the organization.