One Day Seminar “Story for All: Stage, Screen and Page” April 25, ’15
Antioch Writers’ Workshop is excited to collaborate with two other Dayton area creative arts organizations–FilmDayton and the Ohio Playwrights Circle– to bring this unique opportunity to story-creators of all types–fiction writers (both novel and short story), memoirists, playwrights and screenwriters.
Certain story elements–character development, motivation and theme; story arc; setting; theme–are essential to ALL forms of story–novels, short stories, memoirs, stage plays and screenplays/movie scripts. How do you, as a writer, brainstorm these elements? Develop them? Research them? Get them to work together to create a cohesive, whole story?
The challenge is the same… no matter what form you write in!-to bring together fiction writers (both novel and short story), memoirists, playwrights and screenwriters to explore these elements of story with top notch pros for an information-packed, dynamic one day workshop!
This seminar will be held Saturday, April 25, 2015, at Antioch University Midwest (900 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs, OH).
- 8:15-8:45 a.m.–Check in and light continental breakfast
- 8:45 a.m.–Panel Chat with ALL Presenters… Introductions and Discussion of Story Elements Common to All Forms (Stage, Screen and Page!)
- 9:30 a.m.-Noon–Dara Marks: “Inside Story: The Power of the Transitional Arc”
- Noon–1:00 p.m. Lunch Break. Participants are welcome to bring a “brown bag” lunch or purchase lunch at the Harvest Mobile Cuisine–locally grown, healthy and affordable! This is also a great time to network, buy books (and get them signed!), and take advantage of the resource table.
- AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS–allow you to meet in smaller groups with TWO presenters, choosing from:
Screen Writing, with Brad Riddell
Playwrighting, with Michael London
Prose, with Erin Flanagan
- 1:00-2:30–Breakout session One
- 2:40-4:10–Breakout session Two
- 4:20-5:00–CLOSING PANEL WITH ALL PRESENTERS, Q&A. Still have questions? We still have answers!
$150.00. ($50.00 of this is a nonrefundable registration fee; the balance is tuition.) This covers instruction and includes continental breakfast. Lunch, transportation, lodging and books are not covered in this fee.
Click on this handy link!REGISTRATION DEADLINE: APRIL 21, 2015, 11 p.m. EST.