As of July 1, 2016 there’s $40 million in Ohio rebates available!
- All eligible expenditures will be credited at 30%.
- There is no per project cap. Previously, there had been a $5 million per project cap on tax credits.
- Credits are refundable. They become transferrable as well.
The Ohio Tax office administer this tax credit and you may get Details on this highly-competitive incentive are available from the Ohio Film Office and the Incentives Office. – Many banks and other financial institutions are able to lend against the anticipated rebates.
INDI Pay and Entertainment partners all are good resources for what lending opportunities are available.
Plus – you can review this link for every question you may have regarding the benefits, how to apply and what qualifies.
FilmDayton also provides valuable technical assistance in securing permits and working with the Miami Valley region.
Ohio Motion Picture Tax Incentive
From diverse landscapes to a solid crew base and low cost of living, Ohio offers a vast range of incentives for your next production. The Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit provides a refundable tax credit that equals 25 percent off in-state spend and non-resident wages and 35 percent in Ohio resident wages on eligible productions.
To qualify productions must have a minimum spend of $300,000 in eligible production expenses in the State of Ohio that may include:
- Feature-length films
- Documentaries (long-form, specials, miniseries, series and interstitial television programming)
- Interactive Web sites
- Sound recordings
- Music videos
- Interactive television
- Interactive games
- Any format of digital media
Completed application packet must include:
- Signed Completed Application Form
- Signed Tax Disclosure Form
- Production budget
- Shooting script and script synopsis
- Documentation of financial ability to undertake and complete the project
- Trade secret information summary and justification (if applicable)
Mail a signed copy of your application packet to:
Ohio Development Services Agency
Ohio Film Office
77 South High Street, Floor 28
Columbus, Ohio 43215
For more information, contact the Ohio Film Office at (614) 644-5156 or email@example.com.